Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's been awhile....sorry!

Hey everybody! I know I haven't written for awhile...it's been busy around here between school/work/daycare/etc. Mike is still liking his job, especially since he's gotten his first paycheck now! :) It was a big relief to finally get to not waiting for that check. We can finally get our finances back to normal. School is also going really great. I got a 98 on my last anatomy test, which I was obviously very excited about! So, I am still holding a steady A in all of my classes. Also, I am LOVING my Intro to Drawing class. It has been a huge stress reliever in between my other classes. Plus I love my art teacher....she is very cool and funny and just let's us go with the flow. No deadlines or boring projects! :)
Ruby has also been doing pretty good. She has had a rough few weeks though. About three weeks ago she started waking up screaming a lot at night so we took her in to the doctor. We found out that she had a double ear infection and she was put on amoxicillin. She seemed to feel a little better for a few days after that, but then she started spiking fevers again about a week later and waking up again at night. So, we got her back into the doctor again only to find out that the amoxicillin never worked and she still had a double ear infection. She had to get an antibiotic injection that day and then they put her on a new antibiotic. Well, as if that wasn't enough for her to go through, about two days after starting her new antibiotic she broke out in hives all over and we had to head back to the doctor AGAIN! She had an allergic reaction to the 2nd antibiotic and is now on round three. The poor thing, I think she is ready for things to just get back to normal
On a better note....WE'RE COMING HOME IN ABOUT A WEEK!!!! WE CAN'T WAIT!!! Ruby and I will be flying home next Thursday. Blake tells us everytime we talk to him that he is picking us up at the airport in grandma's van. He has been saving Ruby a seat in van since we left! I am just so excited to get home and see everyone. The move has been hitting me here and there more often now that things are settling in around here. Little things just remind me of how much I miss home. But it will be so much sweeter when I can move back that way AS A NURSE! Can't wait until that day!
Well, that's all for now. Hopefully see some of you soon! Love you all!!
Al

No comments: