Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back from Ohio... :(

Well...back to our normal schedule. We had such a great visit home this last weekend! It was so awesome to see everyone and just be back home for a few days (even though I feel like I barely got to see everyone!!). We got to go to Ikea with Grandma and Papa...we finally have some knives now! haha....I know that is just so exciting right?! We also at least got to say hello to most of the family in the area. It will be a lot better at Christmas time when we don't have to rush around to make sure we see everyone and can actually take our time to visit!
I'm back in the swing of things at school. Anatomy quiz tomorrow already! Gotta love it! :) I got my midterm grades back and have a 4.0 so far this semester. Obviously I am very happy with that and hopefully I can maintain that throughout the rest of the semester.
Mike got moved around at his job last week. He was building the radiators and engines for the combines and his boss moved him to a different area of the assembly line. Now he is actually mounting the engine onto the combine and hooking up all of the hoses and stuff...I know nothing about engines or anything related to them! But he is really liking this area too so that's all that matters.
Then there's little miss Ruby! She was definitely not excited about getting back to her normal schedule Wednesday morning bright and early at 6:30!!! She screamed like crazy when I dropped her off at daycare and then they said she actually ended up taking about a 3.5 hour long nap that day!! She was so used to sleeping in all weekend while we were in Ohio! She was mad again this morning when I dropped her off but when I went to pick her up she actually didn't want to come with me :).
Other than that, nothing exciting is happening around here. Ruby is coloring with her bath crayons with daddy as we speak...she loves anything that she thinks is messy!
So now I am missing Ohio once again and re-counting down the days until we're back again. Some days it starts to feel really heavy and depressing to be this far from everyone I am so close to but I know that in the long run this is going to be so much better for us. I just try to keep thinking in days instead of years or months and that seems to help somewhat. We miss everyone we are away from and can't wait to see everyone again! Love ya!
Al

No comments: